In this article we will explain how you can create your own group(s) of drivers. With this feature you can create and set up your group(s) (fleet(s)) with drivers you want to collaborate with.
Assign admin or operator rights and choose how you wish to collaborate in your group. Groups can be set up in such a way that only group admins have insight into status and location of the group members or you can choose a more transparent type where all members have full insight.
Creating your group
You can create a group by clicking on ''New Group'' shown when clicking the + icon at the bottom of the "Messages" tab home screen. When creating the group you will asked to enter the following information:
- Add group members - In this step you can add driver to the group by selecting them from your phone contact list.
- Add group name - In this step you can enter a name for you group of drivers. Also note that you have the option to set a group avatar in this step.
Adding extra members to your group
Now that you have created your own group you can at any time add extra drivers to your group. You have two options to invite members to your group; one by one, or with one group invite link.
Follow these steps if you want to invite members one by one:
- Click on your group.
- Click on Members.
- Click on + Add member.
- You now see all your contacts, automatically imported from your contact list. To invite drivers, simply click on the small circle shown at the right side of your contact. You will now see a white ✓ mark, which means he/she is marked. Do this to every driver you want to invite.
- When you've marked everyone you want to invite, click on add, at the bottom of your screen to proceed to the final step.
- You're now in your SMS screen, an automatic invitation tekst has been made for you, but you have the option to personalize the SMS. When you are ready to send the invitation, simply click on send and the marked drivers are invited to your group.
Inviting members via a group link
Follow these steps if you want to create a group link and send it out:
- Click on your group.
- Click on your group name (top of your screen).
- Click on Invite with group link.
- A unique link is now created for your group.
- You will now have the option to share your link, copy your link or revoke link.
- The last step is to send out the link within your (external) group, so that everyone can switch to your new YourDriverApp group at once.
- Once send out, everyone who clicks on your unique link will have permission to join your YourDriverApp group!*
*Please note that the link will only be available for a certain period of time.
You've now invited drivers to your personal group!